Haldi Ceremony is one of the main rituals followed in every Indian wedding.
Indian weddings are not only about two or three functions but Indian weddings are combos of various functions, like Baan Mehndi, HALDI, Sangeet, Mayra, Bhaat, wedding day and Reception. Indian weddings are grand get together of families, relatives and friends.
Haldi ceremony takes place in the morning of wedding day, all the decoration of Haldi function is done with Yellow flowers as Haldi is “Turmeric”. It is not only Bride’s part of celebration but it’s for both Bride and Groom at their own places but now customs are also changing according to modern world and Haldi take place at same decided place where Haldi Ceremony celebrated together.
What is Haldi
In every Indian home Haldi is easily available. As Haldi increase the value of Indian food as the same way Haldi work as an antiseptic for small injuries. Haldi is a ritual Ceremony in Indian weddings; Haldi is a mixture of Turmeric powder, Oil, Gram flour, Barley flour, Sandalwood powder and Water, which is prepared by the ladies of the house for the morning Haldi celebration. Haldi is done to Bride and Groom to protect from Evil Eyes.
Things should be required in Haldi celebration
- Paste of Turmeric powder, Oil, Gram flour, Barley flour, Sandalwood powder and Water.
- Wear that clothes which you are going to donate after going through the process of Haldi.
- Chair or table stool.
- Yellow Flowers
- Pooja Thali
- Traditional Dhol (music instrument)
- Tissue papers
- A scrubber to remove Haldi after Haldi celebration.
- You can also take a sitting of facial treatment at your beauty salon.
- Haldi signifies the fairer colour to your beauty.
- Haldi function held on Bride and Groom own places.
- Make Bride and Groom set on chair or table stool.
- The dress should be of yellow colour.
- Married women from the family apply Haldi to Bride and Groom with grass and comb in their hands seven times on their Head, Shoulders, Hands, Knees and Feets.
- After those women done with Haldi ritual it comes to friends and fun.
Beauty Advantages of Haldi
In olden times when there were no beauty cosmetics, no makeup artist since that time Haldi Ceremony continued till now.
- Haldi is also known as Colour of Beauty in Indian rituals.
- Haldi increase the value of your face.
- Haldi gives Glow to your face.
- Haldi have power to remove scars from your face.
- Haldi helps you to remove wrinkles from your face.
- Haldi helps you to remove Skin Pigmentation and Skin Tanning.
- Haldi helps you to remove facial hairs.
All Bride and Groom want to look gorgeous on their wedding day , they go to makeup artist for their perfect looks but here in India Beauty treatment is given by Indian Rituals and Traditions. Haldi is as important as Mehandi.